Saturday, March 31, 2012

Housing Headache

Initially, when we considered moving to Midland, we thought, "Surely in that flat, west Texas town, we can find a great house relatively inexpensive!" After actively looking online, we have unfortunately found that we couldn't have been more wrong!

I was in Midland a couple days last week, and had the opportunity to meet with a realtor to discuss our wants/needs in a house. (I'm hard pressed to call it a 'home'.....For the first few months in our current home, it was really just a house to me; actually, I just felt like we were just staying in a nice hotel. I guess the fact that my bed wasn't made and toilet paper nicely folded each day served as a reminder that it was definitely our place.) Anyway, the housing market is TOUGH. For example, I found a home listed earlier this week that fell in the price range we wanted to be in, with at least a decent amount of the amenitites we wanted. We were very interested. That home was on the market one day, ONE DAY, and had 2 official offers written. How is that even possible?!!? We'll be thrilled if our house has an offer in one month!(Oh, did I mention that the houses seem quite overpriced??)

It looks like it's going to be a bit of a headache determining permanent living conditions. (And we've really only just begun.) There are hardly any houses available for rent, and all the decent apartment complexes have waiting lists. Heck, it's hard finding an open hotel room!

Let's hope that someone falls in love quickly with our place in Houston to alleviate some of the stress...

8 comments:

  1. Wow! This could be one particular of the most useful blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Wonderful. I can understand your hard work.
    wholesale gold necklaces & bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  2. i in achievement bookmark your adjustment and will accordance links to my accompany as we all are a abounding lovers of blogs and consistently attainable to apprehend arresting and advising blogs.
    Single Bell Systems in bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post. Independent House and Villa Near Khandagiri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I have bookmarked you and will remain in line with your new posts. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...!
    gold investment adviser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just search on google and you can easily find best company.
    bank for gold investment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing more post,Really i am impressed from it.
    Great post can you share with me more post about it because i have many idea about this blog.
    Trebinje apartman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today, I visit your website and after reading your blog i realize that it is very informative. I'm highly impressed to see the comprehensive resources being offered by your site.
    Dentist Service in Gujarat

    ReplyDelete