Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christmas in November

Maybe it has always been this way and I hadn't noticed, but stores in the mall have completely overlooked the entire month of November.  As soon as we made it past Halloween, Christmas music filled the speakers and every aisle donned Christmas decorations.  I went to a mall when we were in Florida, and just visited another in Houston today--same story both places!

Even the Santa area is set up. [This is where I planned to insert pictures of said Santa area and decorations that I took with my phone.  Because I still use the dinosaur of iPhones, the pictures are not even worth reposting. Sad.]

Anyway, I can't say that I'm complaining, Christmas music and decorations make me sooo happy!  I'm especially happy that Mariah Carey's second Christmas album is now available!!


If her first album is any indication of quality, it will be an instant classic in my book.


Do you appreciate how the new cover reflects the older one? She released this year's Christmas album at 40 years old (or 41, depending on which website you believe) and was only 24 years old for her first Christmas album.  This time around, though, she's showing off her goods (read: jewels, butt, boobs).  Interesting.  I think I like the simplicity of the original cover. And her hair color and style.

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't purchased her latest Christmas album yet, but as soon as I do, I'm sure I'll rave about how much I love it!  (Sarah Mac and I are planning to race and see who can memorize all the words to every song first!)

I guess this merits a countdown: 44 days 'til Christmas!

xoxox

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I actually do like the fact that they reflected the new cover from the old cover. I think it's cool to do the comparisons. She looks amazing in both! Can't believe she's 40! I have heard lots of disappointment about the new one and everyone that says they are disappointed, say they LOVE the first one. I have only heard 1 song from her new album, called Oh Santa...and I like it. It's different and catchy! I can't wait to hear more. I love music, but have to admit...I never even owned the 1 Christmas Album, but back then, I wasn't in to buying music. I will DEFINITELY buy the 1st and 2nd this year, but will wait until AFTER Thanksgiving. I like to actually celebrate Thanksgiving and not overlook it! lol

    Thanks for the post. Was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete