Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lord, I was born a traveling (wo)man...

Every once in a while something strikes a chord with me and makes me want to rant... But nobody wants to hear my rants, so I resort to my trusty (hardly used-- and even less read) blog.

So here it is: I cannot stand the girls who go on and on and on in their Facebook posts about how dreadful their life is when their oh-so-beloved hubby is out of town for work for... say... 3 nights. Give me a freakin' break, and get some independence. Yes, it sucks, and of course everybody PREFERS to have a warm body to snuggle up to at night, but learn how to enjoy your own company.

My situation is unique, and yes I have absolutely accepted and even embraced Eric's traveling schedule, but I have no sympathy for you ladies. Try three weeks without your *perfect* man (uhhhh yeah right), and try doing that every other month. Now what??! Oh yah, and travel yourself for your job (as I am actually currently doing) and then work with that schedule. (I can say here that even I don't have to deal with what military wives/gfs deal with, so my utmost respect to them.)

Turn it around to a positive thing and make it a reason to celebrate the time you two have together. Celebrate the fact that you have someone that you love spending time with and who (hopefully) feels the same. Enjoy the butterflies that you (hopefully) get when he gets home. Quit being so damn needy!

Ok so I got that out there.

On the wedding front, MY GOWN IS IN!! (I love saying "gown" not "dress;" it sounds so fancy!) I'm going to pick it up Saturday morning, and I can't wait to see it!! It is getting so real, and time is flying by so fast!

Until next time, which is hopefully less time that it was since last time.

MW



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Tremont Ave,Midland,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment