Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sweet, Soft Dreams!

So after our magical weekend, we only had a few days together before I went back to work (on Tuesday) and he left for work (on Wednesday). Needless to say, there were some things we wanted to accomplish before we parted ways...

One of those things was to open gifts/cards from our wedding and record those in our Wedding Book. Check. Sunday (late) morning, we went to my parents house with any family and friends that were still in town and opened gifts/cards. For as many people as we had at the wedding, we didn't have a TON of gifts to open-- Many people purchased things online and had them mailed to us. I must say, I am happy that our gifts came in waves because it gave us a fighting chance to keep up with "thank-yous."

Another thing was to determine duplicate gifts, return, and use the gift cards we received. Check.

With gift cards, your mindset is just different, isn't it?! This is "FREE money" right?? So that means you can get things that you wouldn't normally spend your personal, hard-earned money on...

For example, is any single pillow worth $50?

(This was the cheapest of the 'expensive' pillows.
I'm not sure if it was this exact pillow, but definitely the same price point.)

Well, we decided that using our "FREE money" would be the perfect time to research that question and purchased $100 worth of 2 king-sized pillows... I almost wish I could say that they are utterly unneccessary and no make no difference from sleeping on your run-of-the-mill normal-priced pillow; but if I did, I'd be lying. Talk about laying your head down on a little piece of heaven!!

Each night, it's as if a cloud from the sky
has found its home on my bed under my head.

I LOVE this pillow, and the past two nights I've slept on it have produced sweet, soft dreams! (Can you imagine what that $130 pillow feels like?! Ok, that's waaaay overboard. The $50 pillow is overboard enough.)

My bed is definitely my favorite place in our new house (for more than one reason). ;)  ...it's ok for me to say that, I'm a newlywed!!

xoxox

1 comment:

  1. They are most definitely worth it!!! My parents bought us some pricey pillows and I can't sleep without them now :)

    ReplyDelete