Wednesday, June 29, 2011

...And We're Gonna Get Marrrrrrrrrried

So it's officially official (even FB official, for that matter): I am now Mrs. Marissa Shults! The last two and a half months went by in a blink of an eye! Although I had every intention of blogging my way through the wedding planning, life/planning/house purchase/work got the best of me. Maybe now I can frequent this site more?? Regardless....
  
 Last Saturday was MAGICAL.
(Here is a sneak preview... This was taken by a friend.)

All of our planning and preparation completely paid off and the [incredibly loooong] day went by without a hitch! I feel like I've heard so many day-of or day-before horror stories, but we were fortunate to have nothing of the sort! We were surrounded by some really amazing people from all different stages in our lives, (of course) including our fabulous family and wedding party, and we celebrated in style :) We are truly blessed, not only to have found our soul mates, but also to have so much support.

Between the last post and now, SOOOO much has happened in our lives! A few highlights: 
  • We bought a house just a few miles from down town!! It's a 3-story townhose with a wet bar in the game room and a mater closet that rivals Kim Kardashian's. (Ok, well maybe not, but it is pretty big). As much as I love it, buying a house a month before your wedding is not advisable-- talk about compounding wedding stress with house stress!! We made it, though, and were even able to host guests on our wedding weekend!
  • MY bachelorette party in Austin was the best time ever (besides the wedding, of course) with the best girls ever!! We hung out on 6th Street, went out on Lake Travis on a party boat, had VIP champagne service, and all without drama!! (For a trip with 16 girls + 4 moms, that's pretty darn impressive in my book!)
  • ERIC's bachelor party was in New Orleans. Somehow, all the guys made it back alive and without any tarnish on their rap sheet. In the process of trying to drink ALLLL the alcohol in the city, they definitely put several girls through college. Wasn't that sweet of them?! :)
  • We had two amazing couples showers (one in Kerrville, one in Houston) and I had a fabulous bridal shower in Dallas! Talk about really feeling loved-- We had great turn outs and lots of fun at each one!
  • Not one, but TWO of my beautiful bridesmaids got engaged within a couple weeks of my wedding! Congratulations Regan & Brittany, I can't wait for your weddings!!
I'm so anxious to get our wedding pictures back!! Besides all the standard shots, our photographer had a really neat idea, and the wedding party took fun pics in an alleyway.. I'm excited to share them with everyone!!

Here's to more frequent blogging (oh, and a married life filled with love): CHEERS!

xoxox
Marissa SHULTS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment