Friday, April 1, 2011

Busy is an Understatement

I did pretty good blogging for a few weeks, then Eric came home from work and life got the best of me. (Vegas trip!!, future mom&sis-n-law came in town, house hunting, Johnny moving out...) 


So, yesterday marked the year anniversary of Eric asking me to marry him... now we are just under a few months from 'the big day!' So excited!! :)


Now, what's going on with us?


Wedding:

  • Party.Our reception is at the Pasadena Convention Center. We chose that venue for a several reasons, but first and foremost, it is one of the few that can accommodate the ridiculous amount of people we are inviting. Also, it seemed like a low-key alternative to some of the hoity-toity downtown options. We can make kinda fancy but keep it really fun. WELL. Apparently mom signed a 'contract to lease' when she reserved the venue. We had a perfect grasp of what was expected of us and what the center would do for us. Then management changed and it kind of turned the reception world upside down for the past couple of weeks. Long story (kinda) short, many thing we thought were 'included' in the price no longer were... further, we had to book yet another vendor to take care some of the set-up duties. Luckily I have the most amazing mom/co-wedding planner (although sometimes she IS the wedding planner) and she has figured it all out. Whew.
  • Cake. Final cake tasting appointment has been booked for the first week of May. Ma (as our cake sponsor) will join Eric and I as we determine exactly what flavors we will have!
  • Dress fittings. AHHHHHHH. My first one is two weeks from yesterday, and my final one is two weeks after that. I thought it was pretty crazy to be so early (April 28 is last fitting... just under 2 months from the big day), but it makes sense because bridal portraits must be done about 6 weeks pre-wedding day.
  • Flowers. I still have to have a final meeting with our florist. As much as I love flowers this has become an area that we are not splurging on. We decided to buy some pretty cool (in my opinion, anyway) bridesmaid/groomsmen gifts instead of spending the extra money on flowers. The gifts won't die a week after the wedding.
  • DJ! Not sure why I felt the need to exclaim, DJ!, but I think it's because this is the key to make or break a party. We will have to have a final meeting with them, but not until a lot closer to game day.
  • Invites.That is the theme of tomorrow. While Eric is so conveniently at a fishing tournament with his pops, mom and I will begin the exciting task of addressing envelopes.
Work:
  • Travel.Just when I thought my schedule looked open... Next week Pittsburgh, week after Louisiana, week after Kansas. LUCKILY I only miss one day with Eric since I leave for my first trip a day before he goes offshore.
Life:
  • Home. House hunting has pretty much taken over our lives as of late. After FINALLY deciding the area of town we wanted to live in, Eric and I have found a realtor and toured many houses. Some very promising places... especially one in particular... 
I'm not really sure why I bulleted this entry, but it works.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment