Monday, March 14, 2011

Whirlwind

So the wedding is 102 days away.

Last week, I was in Cali for work. (I'll have to post some pics-- I got to spend a little bit of time on Venice/Muscle Beach and on Hollywood Blvd!) Last weekend, mom and I did some major wedding planning and preparing (ceremony music, cocktail hour/reception details, rough draft of the program).  Brooke helped assemble invitations (lifesaver!!), so now they are stacked with the tissue paper and insert cards, ready to be stuffed into envelopes.  The envelopes still have to be addressed, but that had to wait...

The end of this week, I'll be going to Vegas, baby! (Yes, I had to partake in the oh-so-cliche "Vegas, Baby!" exclamation. And as a forewarning, I may also exclaim this on Facebook in approximately three days.) My *not so little* little bro is 21!! What else is a family to do but celebrate in Vegas?!

First part of next week, I'll be in Cali for work, again. (There could be worse places to travel, this time I'm going to Huntington Beach!) Unfortunately I won't be home for Eric as he is having his knee scoped on Monday. Because it is an outpatient surgery and Eric is a seasoned veteran at knee surgeries, I'm not too worried about him :) Then he has class on Wednesday. That weekend, Eric and I are heading to Kerrville to visit his fam.  A couple weeks after that I may be going to Pittsburgh for work.  By that time, Eric will have already left for work offshore.  Sometime before he leaves, hopefully we get our final cake-tasting appointment in, and some invitations addressed.

I feel like my previous paragraphs are so choppy, not flowing. But that is intentional-it's how my brain is working right now...

Oh, and we are house-hunting somewhere in there, but that is a WHOLE other story that I will have to relay sometime soon...

It's totally getting to be crunch time around this place.  As crazy as it is, I love it.  Things are really starting to take shape and my, I mean our, vision is becoming a reality... This reality needs to hurry and get here, though, because it sure is getting expensive!! :)

Life is busy. Life is great. We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment