Monday, March 7, 2011

Hollywooooood

It's that time again.... I'm waiting in the security line at IAH, getting ready to head to LAX, then make the drive to Bakersfield. I've never been to LA, and not that I'll spend much time there, but I'm excited to at least drive through the city! I hear that the drive between LA and Bakersfield is nice, so that is just an added bonus :)

Good news about the wedding-- (you know, that little detail in our lives right now) invitations are in!!! And MORE importantly, our names are spelled right!! Even though they are so cute, have the look I wanted (I mean 'we wanted,' you know since Eric had sooo much input), and quadruple checked the online proofs, I refused to be excited until I read through all of it- twice. Too many times in my life has my last name been misspelled. Not to worry, though, they are perfect!

After 25 years of being a "Wichkoski" you would think "Shults" would be a much simpler last name to embrace because I'll drop two syllables, but no, no.... Ask 5 people to spell Shults. You'll get at least 4 variations: Sch-, -ulz, -ultz, etc. Ah well, it's all part of this crazy beautiful thing we call life.

<64 mins later> I'm now sitting on the plane awaiting takeoff. My last several flights (TUL, OKC, MID) have been on the little 3-people-across planes. This one is a 6-people-across (those are the technical terms, in case you are wondering), so hopefully the turbulence won't be as present as in the others. Note: of course this refers to the Economy class seating arrangements, I still haven't experienced First Class travel...

Before I get yelled at for being on my phone: Hollywood, here I come! (but only for a hot minute before I drive to Bakersfield...again, details...) ;)

God bless

xoxox

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Location:North Sam Houston Pkwy E,Houston,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment