Sunday, March 18, 2012

And the race is on...

How can I summarize the last 8 months (ooooooopsie) that I haven't blogged?? Well-- I can't. Eric and I have lived our newlywed life to the fullest! Because of both of our crazy work travel schedules, we really appreciate the time we get together.

Being a wife isn't proving too difficult, although I most certainly would NOT get any awards or recognition for being much of a 'domesticated wifey.' I really love the fabulous kitchen gadgets and gizmos we got for our wedding, and while I'm positive they will all be used one day, I'd be lying if I said they've all come into contact with any actual food. They do look really great in our kitchen, though. :)

We are just about nine months into our first year, and (cheeeeseball alert:) I just love that man more every day! It's a pretty incredible feeling to be married to your absolute best friend! So far, I'd say the toughest part was having to spend particular occasions apart due to travel.... such as: my birthday, Labor Day Weekend, Thanksgiving, his birthday, Christmas, New Years and Valentines day. Yep, we missed all those days this past year. Tough break, but his absence served as an excuse to extend the celebrations! Luckily his rotation falls a week differently this calendar year, and we won't miss as many holidays. (YES, my birthday should be included in the 'holiday' category.)

In November we purchased a new, pretty sweet Infiniti G37 convertible. My little black beauty... aka THE WASP.


It got the nickname "The Wasp" when I first got the car-- I told Chris (my little nephew who is highlighted here) that I got a Transformer. He LOVES the movie, and while Bumblebee is a yellow car, my black car that also 'transformed' was named The Wasp.... it made sense at the time, anyway...

See the connection??

I love my car, but it was tough to trade in my trusty 2003 Toyota Rav4. I had that baby since the day I turned 18! So many crazy, sweet, awesome memories! Yah, I may have gotten a little emotional, but that car was with me for 8 great years!!

Goodbye, Silver Stallion.

Sooooo now that we are comfortable, happy, our house feels like our HOME and I'm driving a dream car, what's the next logical thing to do? Well, turn it all upside down and move across the state, of course.

I just signed a transfer letter accepting a position in Midland, Texas. Midland, Texas. Midland, Texas. [If I say it fast, it doesn't sound so bad.] :) That's another story (and motivation for me to start/keep blogging), but we actually are really excited for this opportunity!! 

In the next several weeks, we will relocate our lives, hopefully sell our house, maybe buy a new house, perhaps sell/trade The Wasp, cancel memberships, find new memberships, change our address on EVERYTHING (again) and all the other in-betweens of moving. And the race is on...


No comments:

Post a Comment