Saturday, October 23, 2010

Such is life...

When I don't know what to do, have a lot on my mind, or a heavy heart, I write.  It used to be in a diary (circa elementary/jr. high), progressed to a journal (high school), more journals (college), and as technology has it, now I have a blog.  I feel so much more exposed now (though I doubt I have few--if any--readers), but either way, it serves as a release.

An incredible man passed away today.  Henry Becker, Eric's grandfather, went to be with the Lord today.  Nothing about it is easy.  Yes, we knew he had been in pain, we knew he said he felt ready to go, but it still just hurts so bad.  Eric is offshore.  I had to call the rig and ask for the operator to dispatch him.  I always dreaded the day I may have to do that.  But Eric is so strong.  I admire and love him for everything he is, but I know how much Opa meant to him.  I wish for nothing more than to be with him right now.

There are no scheduled helicopter flights on Sundays (to transfer him from the rig to land), so in the morning they will schedule one and then he will be on his way to Houston.  Please, Lord, keep him safe in his travels.  I will pick him up from the airport, get our things together, and then we will join his family in Fredericksburg.

In the four short years that I knew Opa, I have cherished and loved him for everything he is to Eric.  I can only pray for acceptance and strength with the confidence that he no longer feels pain, has joined God, and is watching over us already.

Heres to you, Opa.  We love you.



 
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment